Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Linda Saar <li...@uni-ulm.de> on 2023/06/22 08:32:27 UTC

Development of new features - open for help

Dear All,

a fellow student and I are working for a further education institution at a German university and have been given the task to develop some new features.
We are still relatively new to guacamole development and would be very happy if someone is interested in joining our small two-person development team and helping with the development of the following features.

The basic features are all already available in Apache Guacamole. What is missing is usability, views, link management and automation.
From the user's point of view: We would like, when our students are trained in a software in an online training via the remote tool server, to be able to get help from the instructor more easily. We'd like to give the instructor a "show me in small all the students' monitors" view (if that's what he wants), i.e. we'd like to map that an instructor is walking through the virtual "training PC pool".
Then, when he sees that someone needs help, we would like to give the instructor the ability to view the student's monitor "in large" and still be able to access it in writing.

In summary, we want to bring the benefits of face-to-face teaching to online teaching - without requiring students to share their screens via video conferencing, without requiring them to generate new share links in Guacamole each time and send them to the instructor via chat or email.
We want to implement the features in a robust and secure way.

We have already created a roadmap; an experienced supporting hand would be a great help to us as computer science students and would make learning easier. We are also open to other ideas and suggestions.

If anyone is interested or finds the development of these features exciting, feel free to contact me at my mail address!

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Linda

Re: Development of new features - open for help

Posted by Michael Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
Please don't double-post.

For anyone encountering this thread in the archives, the original thread
on user@ is here:

https://lists.apache.org/thread/kl88z41j6b2qmbftc0onrsq6zc8hvs86
https://lists.apache.org/thread/1wfoqctc62jc71hngx9l8mjcm195skg0

- Mike