Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Andreas Heidrich <ma...@heimi.net> on 2001/09/07 00:04:34 UTC

TextPaneAppender - How To use

Hi everybody here,
I am a new user of the log4j framework. So far I am totally satisfied with
the features of the framework. The only thing I miss is the ability to log
directly into a Swing GUI Element.
Now I found the TextPaneAppender in the contrib folder. Has anyone used this
one ? Can someone point me to a piece of code how I can customize the
TextpaneAppender ?

Thanx a lot
Andreas

AW: TextPaneAppender - How To use

Posted by Andreas Heidrich <ma...@heimi.net>.
Yes, I saw this product too, but so far I am satified with ChainSaw.

Have to find the switch to disable the saw that sounds at program start
though ;-)

Posted by Gunter Sammet <Gu...@sammet.net>.

Posted by Andreas Heidrich <ma...@heimi.net>.

Posted by Fergus Gallagher <Fe...@OrbisUK.com>.

Posted by Thomas Tuft Muller <tt...@online.no>.
Have you tried ChainSaw?

http://www.geocities.com/oburn/chainsaw/

--

Thomas

Chainsaw

Posted by Craig Newlander <cn...@eqtc.com>.
I'd like to use chainsaw as a client rather then a server.  Meaning, I'd
like my log4j system to listen for a connection from chiansaw.  it a
firewall issue here.  Do anyone know of a way I can do these