Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com> on 2016/11/03 00:40:03 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.6.3 (RC2)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version
1.6.3. The vote is open until Sat, Nov 5, 2016 at 18:00 PDT and passes if a
majority of at least 3+1 PMC votes are cast.

The tag to be voted on is v1.6.3-rc2
(1e860747458d74a4ccbd081103a0542a2367b14b)

This release candidate addresses 52 JIRA tickets:
https://s.apache.org/spark-1.6.3-jira

http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-1.6.3-rc2-bin/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1212/

http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-1.6.3-rc2-docs/

=======================================
== How can I help test this release?
=======================================
If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking an
existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
reporting any regressions from 1.6.2.

== What justifies a -1 vote for this release?
This is a maintenance release in the 1.6.x series.  Bugs already present in
1.6.2, missing features, or bugs related to new features will not
necessarily block this release.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.6.3 (RC2)

Posted by Joseph Bradley <jo...@databricks.com>.
+1

Posted by Kousuke Saruta <sa...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Weiqing Yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Built and tested on CentOS Linux release 7.0.1406 / openjdk version
"1.8.0_111".

Posted by Ricardo Almeida <ri...@actnowib.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Yin Huai <yh...@databricks.com>.
+1

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 12:57 PM, Herman van Hövell tot Westerflier <

Posted by Herman van Hövell tot Westerflier <hv...@databricks.com>.
+1

Posted by Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com>.
+1

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
Heads up that 1.6.3 RC2 might be impacted by the change of the JSON.org licenses to category-x (disallowed dependency license) described in SPARK-18262.

Not sure if I'll have time to evaluate in time to cast a non-binding -1 before the voting window closes.

-
busbey

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.
The vote has passed with the following +1 votes and no -1 votes.

+1

Reynold Xin*
Herman van Hövell tot Westerflier
Yin Huai*