Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Don Pablo <tn...@yahoo.com> on 2002/12/07 05:31:56 UTC

Adding a collection

Thanks in advance for any help! - AW

I have a question about an error I was receiving
trying to create a collection after I created and
started the database. I have attached a file with the
information from my computer. The environment is XP.

Trying to get Xindice to create a collection using the
following statement:

xindiceadmin ac -c \db -n usersdb -v

Output from command

ERROR : String index out of range: -11

DEBUG>
org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException:
at
org.apache.xindice.core.FaultCodes.createXMLDBException(FaultCodes.java:247)
at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.getCollection(DatabaseImpl.java:226)
at
org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(DatabaseManager.java:194)
at
org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(DatabaseManager.java:157)
at
org.apache.xindice.tools.command.AddCollection.execute(AddCollection.java:101)
at
org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.execute(XMLTools.java:331)
at
org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.process(XMLTools.java:257)
at
org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLAdminTools.main(XMLAdminTools.java:89)

Environment Variables on XP viewed through DOS.
ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
APPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\Adam\Application
Data
CL= ac -c \db -n users -v
CLASSPATH=C:\Xindice\java\lib
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
COMPUTERNAME=BLUESPHERE1
ComSpec=C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe
JAVACMD=java
JAVA_HOME=C:\jdk1.3.1_02
OS=Windows_NT
Path=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Program
Files\Common Files\Adaptec
Shared\System;C:\Xindice\xml-xindice-1.0\bin
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 4,
GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=15
PROCESSOR_REVISION=0204
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
PROMPT=$P$G
SESSIONNAME=Console
SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\Windows
TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\Adam\LOCALS~1\Temp
TMP=C:\DOCUME~1\Adam\LOCALS~1\Temp
XINDICE_HOME=C:\Xindice\xml-xindice-1.0

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Re: Adding a collection

Posted by grenoml <gr...@yahoo.com>.
Don,
  Can't really tell anything from this error.  Search the forum for orb
related entries.  I seem to remember seeing a few related to Xindice
1.0.  You might also consider checking out and building the CVS version
(1.1) which is the future direction of Xindice (the server is a webapp)
and different from 1.0.  Corba is not used at all in 1.1.

Regards,

Gerry Reno

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Re: Adding a collection