Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Brad Cox <bc...@virtualschool.edu> on 2003/01/07 23:41:43 UTC

ANN: Java+ Precompiler as an Ant Task

I hope this is the right protocol for getting Ant tools added to the
external resources website. Please let me know if not.

>This page lists external resources for Apache Ant: tasks, IDE
>integration tools, loggers, you name it. If you've written something
>that should be included, please post all relevant information to one
>of the mailing lists.

This is to announce Release 1.1 of the Java+ Precompiler with Ant,
Make and Graphical interfaces. The Ant interface is new to this
release. Here's the cover blurb from the website:
http://virtualschool.edu/java+

Java+ is an open source Java preprocessorthat adds these features to
any Java compiler:

     * Multi-line strings with executable inclusions like Perl and
Ruby. It eliminates the need for JSP or ASP and their need for Java
compilers on deployment servers (a security concern) while adding no
overhead in either space or time.

     * Optionally supports localization by segregating Java+ strings
into ResourceBundle files with invarient keys based on the hash code
of the strings's value. This is handled automatically and
transparently; no intervention is required.

     * Fast. Negligible impact on build times. By default, skips
inputs whose outputs are up to date to avoid triggering
recompilations.

     * Pure Java code, portable to any platform, with graphical, shell
and ant interfaces.

     * Simple, general, recursive, digraph-driven string syntax.
Digraph characters are user-selectable.

     * Free software, BSD open source license

--

Brad Cox, PhD; bcox@virtualschool.edu 703 361 4751 http://virtualschool.edu

Re: ANN: Java+ Precompiler as an Ant Task

Posted by Brad Cox <bc...@virtualschool.edu>.
At 09:44 AM +0100 1/8/03, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>On Tue, 07 Jan 2003, Brad Cox <bc...@virtualschool.edu> wrote:
>
>>  I hope this is the right protocol for getting Ant tools added to the
>>  external resources website.
>
>It is, thanks.  Now if you had subscribed to the list before posting,
>it would have been even better ;-)

Sorry. Figured it would bounce. I think somethings wrong with the
server. Took almost 24 hours to get out the confirm response.

>I've added an entry but I'm not sure whether "Compatibility" line
>(i.e. I assume it requires Ant 1.5.1) is correct.

I'm new to ant so not 100% sure, but I think this should work with
almost any version of ant. In fact I think I used 1.4.x to test it,
which is the version fink installs by default on MacOSX.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 07 Jan 2003, Brad Cox <bc...@virtualschool.edu> wrote:

> I hope this is the right protocol for getting Ant tools added to the
> external resources website.

It is, thanks.  Now if you had subscribed to the list before posting,
it would have been even better ;-)

I've added an entry but I'm not sure whether "Compatibility" line
(i.e. I assume it requires Ant 1.5.1) is correct.

Stefan