Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Claudio Filho <fi...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/04 15:20:45 UTC

Request for pt-BR list (Was: Re: Mailing list pt-BR)

Hi

2012/5/4 Albino Biasutti Neto <bi...@gmail.com>:
> In link[1] have information the list pt-br. I sending an test occur
> problems, see:
> The list no active ?
> 1 - http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/native-lang.html

Albino, we haven't a pt-BR list. Wasn't made when i requested it in the past.

I think that today we can ask again if we can open a list for
brazilian community.

+1 from me.

Best,
Claudio

Re: Request for pt-BR list (Was: Re: Mailing list pt-BR)

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 9:20 AM, Claudio Filho <fi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2012/5/4 Albino Biasutti Neto <bi...@gmail.com>:
>> In link[1] have information the list pt-br. I sending an test occur
>> problems, see:
>> The list no active ?
>> 1 - http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/native-lang.html
>
> Albino, we haven't a pt-BR list. Wasn't made when i requested it in the past.
>
> I think that today we can ask again if we can open a list for
> brazilian community.
>
> +1 from me.

See here for an example of how to propose a new list:

http://markmail.org/message/wlbesmw3wfa2j67l

1) Propose it in a new thread, with a clear title

2) Name of list

3) Purpose of list, topics it will cover

4) Who will moderate the list?   Should list 2 or 3 ok  Must include
PPMC members.

5) Wait 72 hours to see if there are any objections.

Good luck!

-Rob

Posted by Roberto Salomon <ro...@gmail.com>.
Oi,

Language specific lists are good tools to engage local communities where
users are not fluent in English.

That being said, however, I must agree with Louis. Despite the ease of
engaging local communities, local lists also quickly led to communication
problems between the local and the international groups putting them,
sometimes, at opposite ends.

The idea of an RSS linked Wiki, hosted at the Apache infrastructure, seems
to be a better way to restart the Regional Projects.

Salomon

--
Roberto Salomon
http://notaslivres.webhop.net

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 10:20:45AM -0300, Claudio Filho wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2012/5/4 Albino Biasutti Neto <bi...@gmail.com>:
> > In link[1] have information the list pt-br. I sending an test occur
> > problems, see:
> > The list no active ?
> > 1 - http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/native-lang.html
>
> Albino, we haven't a pt-BR list. Wasn't made when i requested it in the past.
>
> I think that today we can ask again if we can open a list for
> brazilian community.

You should start a new threar, follow this one http://s.apache.org/gY
tag it with [PROPOSAL], and then re-open the JIRA issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4532 , referencing
this thread.

Regards
--