Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Pedro Costa <ps...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/10 17:45:30 UTC

DFSClient.closeInternal:3231 Could not complete fi

When I'm executing an MapReduce example on my modified Hadoop MapReduce,
sometimes the reduce task give me this error, and the example doesn't
finish:

[code]
2012-04-10 11:32:38,110 INFO hdfs.DFSClient.closeInternal:3231 Could not
complete file /user/output//part-r-00000 retrying....
[/code]

This happens normally, when I'm executing an example after restarting JT
and TT, without restarting the Namenode and the datanode.

What this error means?

Please notice that this happens only to my modified version and not the
official. I modified the version 0.20.1.

--
Best regards,

Re: DFSClient.closeInternal:3231 Could not complete fi

Posted by Pedro Costa <ps...@gmail.com>.
It was modified the algorithm to decide if a job should end successfully or
not. I don't know if I'm removing the temporary directories before the last
reduce task save the result in HDFS.

But I think that this error means that the reduce task couldn't save the
data in HDFS.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Pedro,

--