Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Darren Govoni <da...@ontrenet.com> on 2010/07/11 22:04:05 UTC

Facet count != Query count

Hi,
  What could cause a facet query on a field (say 'name') differ in count
from a basic query on the field using the same value?

e.g

name:'Darren'

If there are 10 documents that match this, the facet count should be 10
for 'Darren', and I should get 10 results if I query on the field.

But after loading 2000 documents, I am getting different values for
each.

Darren

Re: Facet count != Query count

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
:   What could cause a facet query on a field (say 'name') differ in count
: from a basic query on the field using the same value?

lots of things are possible -- largely related to how your field is
analyzed.

you need to show us the relavent sections from your schema.xml (the field
and fieldtype), full URLs will all of hte query params (rows=0 is usually
suitable for questions just about result counts and facet counts), and the
output you get from those URLs ... ideally with debugQuery=true so we can
see exactly how it's getting parsed.

-Hoss