Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andy Brown <an...@the-martin-byrd.net> on 2011/08/23 21:43:00 UTC

Can someone verify this?

http://studio-no.net/openoffice.php seems to be selling OOo, not illegal
I know.  Is this something like PortableApps?

Andy

Re: Can someone verify this?

Posted by Andy Brown <an...@the-martin-byrd.net>.
Marcus (OOo) wrote:

> Thanks for watching out.

Is what I do. :)

> Maybe there is a dependency from where, how, etc. you try to download.
> However, it doesn't seen to be a general thing.

I did not think of that.  I downloaded the file from their link and
looks like the right size for the Windows install, though an older
version.  I do not have a Windows machine handy right now to see if it
will do an install.

> Please let the users know:
> The only official download location is:
>
> http://download.openoffice.org

Always try to.

Andy

Re: Can someone verify this?

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 08/23/2011 11:16 PM, schrieb Andy Brown:
> Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>> Let me try:
>>
>> - I've downloaded the file without that someone wanted to have money or
>> a registration from me.
>>
>> - The mirror "http://mirrors.fe.up.pt/" where the download comes from is
>> an officoal mirror of the (old) OOo project.
>>
>> - The MD5 sum is exactly the same as if you would download the file from
>> here:
>> http://download.services.openoffice.org/files/localized/nb/3.3.0/OOo_3.3.0_Win_x86_install-wJRE_nb.exe
>>

>> - The text says: "Lisens: Freeware"
>> OK, it's not the correct license but you can get indeed the software for
>> free.
>>
>> At the moment I don't see a problem.
>>
>> Marcus
>
> Thanks, Marcus.
>
> A user posted the link in the discuss@ list, since I do not understand
> the language used I just though I would ask. The users says that the
> installer ask for 40 kr to download the install. The file downloaded is
> 665kb in size. I will forward your post to the user.
>
> Andy

Thanks for watching out.

Re: Can someone verify this?

Posted by Andy Brown <an...@the-martin-byrd.net>.

Re: Can someone verify this?

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Let me try:

Re: Can someone verify this?

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
To me it looks like it uses the download mirrors and is free. I don't see any selling.

In Chrome on a Mac it offers to download a Windows 3.3.0 install from mirrors.fe.up.pt - so it is not perfect.