Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by so...@apache.org on 2006/02/12 08:11:44 UTC

Re: Aggregation of subnode content

On 1/31/06, solprovider@apache.org <so...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 1/31/06, Tim Hannigan <ti...@queensu.ca> wrote:
> > I have a feeling Lenya should be able to do this pretty easily, but
> > I'm not sure exactly how.
> > In the same way that http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/
> > HowToFullyCustomMenus?highlight=%28navigation%29 shows you how to
> > create "section-level" content by traversing the sitetree
> > (navigation) and calling the "nav:label" for each, I'm wondering if
> > it's possible to resolve the metadata for each of those nodes.
> >
> > I'm looking to build an aggregation feature that will gather all
> > content (nodes) below the top page and build a list of title and
> > description. Almost like a table of contents, I'd like to be able to
> > access the Meta Data for each page.
> >
> > Is this as simple as pointing to the node (through nav) and calling
> > the "dc:" namespace?
> No.  Assuming Lenya 1.2, you need the XpathDirectory Generator.
>
> I already wrote this, and thought I had already posted it.  If you can
> wait until this weekend, I'll document it.

I was delayed by my participation in a high-speed car crash last
weekend, but I finally documented it.  See:
Displaying a Map of a Publication including the Document Descriptions
http://solprovider.com/lenya/mapadvanced

To everybody who has been waiting for it, please post bugs found,
patches, workarounds, and any other comments about this (or any of my
work) to the User ML.  Other people may find your input useful.

solprovider