Posted to commits@subversion.apache.org by Apache subversion Wiki <co...@subversion.apache.org> on 2012/02/08 14:09:49 UTC

[Subversion Wiki] Update of "MultiLayerMoves" by PhilipMartin

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Subversion Wiki" for change notification.

The "MultiLayerMoves" page has been changed by PhilipMartin:
http://wiki.apache.org/subversion/MultiLayerMoves?action=diff&rev1=6&rev2=7

  '''gstein''': does the B/F to B/G have an op-depth of 2? That would change the table below. The current depiction seems very difficult to construct a commit process: if you move A to B, then how do you move A/F (no longer existing) to B/G?? And you can't do the A/F to B/G first since B does not exist. I think this seeming difficulty is based on the wrong op-depth for the B/F to B/G move.

+ '''philip''': that's essentially the inconsistency mentioned below: it's not clear what the op-depth should be for nested moves. The node starts at A/F and ends at B/G. The current non-multi-layer move stuff records that move in base.  Perhaps multi-layer move doesn't record that move at all, but records the A->B and B/F->B/G. In the short term move information is not used to contruct a commit, the commit still consists of copies and deletes.
+
  || op-depth || local-relpath || presence     || moved-to ||
  ||    0     ||    A          || normal       ||          ||
  ||    0     ||    A/F        || normal       ||          ||