Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Roland Dong <ro...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/02 11:34:25 UTC

Help with tutorial

Hello,

I have been following your tutorial  Struts 2 + Spring 2 + JPA + AJAX
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/struts-2-spring-2-jpa-ajax.html.

 However, I have spent nearly 10 hours without
 figuring out why I keep getting this error after I followed all the steps in
 "Doing it yourself" in eclipse.

What happend is I right clicked on quickstart project in eclipse and
 then  --> run on server (tomcat) then this is what I see in browser:

 HTTP Status 404 - /quickstart/

Then I changed "run on server" to run jboss 4.2 then got this:

05:02:46,296 INFO  [DefaultListableBeanFactory] Destroying singletons
in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@10cecb2:
defining beans [org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor#0,personService,entityManagerFactory,dataSource,transactionManager,org.springframework.aop.config.internalAutoProxyCreator,org.springframework.transaction.config.internalTransactionAdvisor,personAction];
root of factory hierarchy
05:02:46,328 ERROR [ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'personService': Injection of persistence
methods failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in
ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation
of init method failed; nested exception is
org.hibernate.AnnotationException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.hibernate.validator.ClassValidator.<init>(java.lang.Class,
java.util.ResourceBundle, org.hibernate.validator.MessageInterpolator,
java.util.Map, org.hibernate.annotations.common.reflection.ReflectionManager)
	at org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessPropertyValues(PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:323)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:966)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:462)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:404)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:375)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:263)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:170)

I am bit lost feel like almost there but this last step screws me.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

Re: Help with tutorial

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Lukasz Lenart wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>  org.hibernate.AnnotationException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
>
> As for me, such fragment says that you maybe made some miss typo with
> method name, in class or in Spring xml file

Either that, or you have a classpath issue. Check you have all required
JARs deployed, and don't have any that shouldn't be there. Be sure the
ones you have are the correct versions.

L.

Re: Help with tutorial

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

>  org.hibernate.AnnotationException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:

As for me, such fragment says that you maybe made some miss typo with
method name, in class or in Spring xml file

Regards
--
Lukasz

http://www.linkedin.com/in/lukaszlenart