Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by alartin <al...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/13 09:59:56 UTC

Question about Version Node

Hi all,

  I am a newbie to jcr. I got an introduction of jackrabbit on ONJava.com,
it showed some example code, but I am little confused by some snippet. I
think versions are stored by version history and version iterator allow you
access all the versions. So, each version object should be a snapshot of
versionable node. But in the example code(below). It seems that the
structure is:

VersionHistory --
                     |__ Version _
                     |                 |__Node _
                     |                 |             |__Versionable Node _
                     |                 |
|__ Property
                     |                 |__Node ...
                     |__ Version

I am confused by the nodes under the version object(why use
version.getNodes() to access versionable node)??
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
VersionHistory blogEntryVersionHistory = blogEntryNode.getVersionHistory();
VersionIterator blogEntryVersionIt =
blogEntryVersionHistory.getAllVersions();

blogEntryVersionIt.skip(1);

while(blogEntryVersionIt.hasNext()){
    Version version = blogEntryVersionIt.nextVersion();  --> Here get a
version of blog entry
    NodeIterator nodeIterator = version.getNodes();  --> what does this
mean??
				while(nodeIterator.hasNext()){
					Node node = nodeIterator.nextNode(); --> It seems that each node of one
version contains a versionable node??
					String title  = node.getProperty(PROP_TITLE).getString();
					String blogContent = node.getProperty(PROP_BLOGCONTENT).getString();
					String blogAuthor = node.getProperty(PROP_BLOGAUTHOR).getString();
					String versionName = version.getName();
					Calendar creationTime = node.getProperty(PROP_CREATIONTIME).getDate();
					VersionEntryDTO blogEntryDTO = new
VersionEntryDTO(blogAuthor,title,blogContent,creationTime,versionName);
					versionList.add(blogEntryDTO);
				}
			}

Re: Question about Version Node

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <to...@day.com>.
hi,
the versioned node is recorded as 'jcr:frozenNode' (having
'nt:frozenNode' as node type) below the 'nt:version' node.

regards, toby

On 3/13/07, alartin <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>   I am a newbie to jcr. I got an introduction of jackrabbit on ONJava.com,
> it showed some example code, but I am little confused by some snippet. I
> think versions are stored by version history and version iterator allow you
> access all the versions. So, each version object should be a snapshot of
> versionable node. But in the example code(below). It seems that the
> structure is:
>
> VersionHistory --
>                      |__ Version _
>                      |                 |__Node _
>                      |                 |             |__Versionable Node _
>                      |                 |
> |__ Property
>                      |                 |__Node ...
>                      |__ Version
>
> I am confused by the nodes under the version object(why use
> version.getNodes() to access versionable node)??
> Any help will be greatly appreciated!
> VersionHistory blogEntryVersionHistory = blogEntryNode.getVersionHistory();
> VersionIterator blogEntryVersionIt =
> blogEntryVersionHistory.getAllVersions();
>
> blogEntryVersionIt.skip(1);
>
> while(blogEntryVersionIt.hasNext()){
>     Version version = blogEntryVersionIt.nextVersion();  --> Here get a
> version of blog entry
>     NodeIterator nodeIterator = version.getNodes();  --> what does this
> mean??
>                                 while(nodeIterator.hasNext()){
>                                         Node node = nodeIterator.nextNode(); --> It seems that each node of one
> version contains a versionable node??
>                                         String title  = node.getProperty(PROP_TITLE).getString();
>                                         String blogContent = node.getProperty(PROP_BLOGCONTENT).getString();
>                                         String blogAuthor = node.getProperty(PROP_BLOGAUTHOR).getString();
>                                         String versionName = version.getName();
>                                         Calendar creationTime = node.getProperty(PROP_CREATIONTIME).getDate();
>                                         VersionEntryDTO blogEntryDTO = new
> VersionEntryDTO(blogAuthor,title,blogContent,creationTime,versionName);
>                                         versionList.add(blogEntryDTO);
>                                 }
>                         }

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97