Posted to repository@apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/05 21:46:23 UTC

Removing cached files from people.apache.org

L.S.,

We currently have a problem with some builds picking up old snapshots
from people.apache.org.  I can get them removed on people.apache.org,
but these artifacts are also being cached on repository.apache.org.
Will that cache expire automatically (after what period?) or does it
require some admin intervention to get those removed?

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Re: Removing cached files from people.apache.org

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

Looking into this a bit more, I noticed the maven-metadata files are
pointing to the unique ids of the old snapshots, e.g. if you look at
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group/org/apache/servicemix/nmr/org.apache.servicemix.nmr.api/1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml
you'll notice the last update timestamp is today, but the snapshot
version timestamp still refers to an older snapshot.  Could someone
with the right amount of karma run the rebuild maven metadata task on
the snapshots to get that fixed up?

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen