Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Sullivan, David" <Da...@hp.com> on 2007/01/11 17:36:56 UTC

[newbie] Can a POJO have IN-OUT arguments?

I have the POJO samples working and I believe I understand how they
work.  In these samples all return values are sent back via the return
type. For example  public Weather getWeather() {...}

Is there a way for a POJO to have an *argument* that is IN-OUT?

For example, I'd like to have a prototype that looks something like
this:

public int copyWeather(Weather arg1,  WeatherHolder arg2) {...}

The  generated WSDL for this does not have the WeatherHolder in
copyWeatherResponse. It only has the int return value.

Is this possible with POJOs?

Thanks

RE: [newbie] Can a POJO have IN-OUT arguments?

Posted by "Sullivan, David" <Da...@hp.com>.
Thanks for the replies. We'll need to do just that. In our case we're
automating the creation of the service [with Axis2] and I was hoping
that there was a way to have the IN/OUT arguments (If used) and return
type (if used) automatically combined and defined in the WSDL Response.

We can add this feature if necessary, thanks.

> For example, I'd like to have a prototype that looks something like
this:

> public int copyWeather(Weather arg1, WeatherHolder arg2) {...}

Why not simply return a Weather POJO (or a POJO with a Weather and an
int)?

Arnout

Re: [newbie] Can a POJO have IN-OUT arguments?

Posted by Arnout Engelen <ar...@bzzt.net>.

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Sullivan;

If you are using Axis2 , then the answer is we do not have that feature
yet :'(
In the same time I dont think we will implement that too

Thanks
Deepal

> I have the POJO samples working and I believe I understand how they
> work. In these samples all return values are sent back via the return
> type. For example public Weather getWeather() {…}
>

> Is there a way for a POJO to have an **argument** that is IN-OUT?
>
> For example, I’d like to have a prototype that looks something like this:
>
> public int copyWeather(Weather arg1, WeatherHolder arg2) {…}
>
> The generated WSDL for this does not have the WeatherHolder in
> copyWeatherResponse. It only has the int return value.
>
> Is this possible with POJOs?
>
> Thanks

Deepal