Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Stefan Andretti <St...@cgi-ams.com> on 2005/03/22 16:13:45 UTC

Implement SOAP server and return HTTP status to the client

Hi,
I have the following architecture to implement:

Environment:
1. App server - WebLogic 8.1 SP4
2. SOAP client/server - AXIS 1.2 (Java)
3. Security - Apache XML Security 1.2

Requirement:
1. I am getting a SOAP/HTTPS request (message style) from a SOAP client.
2. I need to check digital signatures, certificates, faults and extract
the envelope's body.
3. I need to return as acknowledgment, an HTTP STATUS 200 and "OK" in
the body, or any other HTTP status to the SOAP client.
4. The body is going to a queue to be picked up by another process.

Based on your experience, what is the best way to?
1. Implement the AXIS server; should it be a Servlet, a Session EJB or
just a simple Java class?
2. How can I return the HTTP status to the client?

Thank you!