Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Young, Jason (GE Infrastructure)" <Ja...@ge.com> on 2005/09/23 13:36:10 UTC

Delete On Merge

We had a user that claims that if one user deletes a file and then
another updates their working copy, that file gets deleted from their
working copy, even if they made changes.

Is that the expected behavior?  I guess that's one way of merging it.
It seems like there is more than one way to do this.  Is there anyway to
configure it somehow?

Thanks,
Jason

Re: Delete On Merge

Posted by Johan Appelgren <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 9/23/05, Young, Jason (GE Infrastructure) <Ja...@ge.com> wrote:
> We had a user that claims that if one user deletes a file and then
> another updates their working copy, that file gets deleted from their
> working copy, even if they made changes.
>
> Is that the expected behavior?  I guess that's one way of merging it.
> It seems like there is more than one way to do this.  Is there anyway to
> configure it somehow?

If there are local changes to a file that has been removed in the
repository that file is simply made unversioned on update. Subversion
will not delete it from the working copy.

/Johan