Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Victor Popiol <vp...@douwantit.com> on 2002/06/19 18:43:03 UTC

Tomcat 4, IIS and jsessionid (resend)

Hi all.

I configured Tomcat 4 and IIS for a context in such a way that Tomcat will only handle servlet and .jsp requests while IIS will take care of serving .html, .gif, .jpg, etc.

This application uses struts and its custom jsp tags. One of those tags is the html:img which allows to localize images. Internally, struts will render the image using this construct:
response.encodeURL(srcurl)

For the first request to the webapp, the encodeURL will always append the ;jsessionid=xxxxxxxx to the url. Since this url is not delegated to Tomcat, IIS tries to serve it but it returns a 404 since it does not know how to strip out the ;jsessionid.

I know two ways to solve the problem but I'm not satisfied with them:

1- Let Tomcat handle all requests
2- Modify struts source code

My question is, does anybody know of a way to instruct IIS to ignore or filter out the jsessionid if it will be responsible for handle that requests?

Thanks
Victor