Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Menzner, Rainer" <RM...@l1id.com> on 2008/09/05 12:03:41 UTC

Status of enableMTOM="optional" and Axis Faults / JIRA AXIS2-3340

Hi,

about 10 month ago I filed a JIRA (AXIS2-3340) which describes a malfunctioning of Axis2-13. in error message creation when enableMTOM="optional" and the input message is MTOM-formatted.

JIRA indicates that there was no activity on this. Is this fixed in Axis2-1.4? In my opinion this is a serious issue because it prevents proper interaction of WSE3 client with axis2 services. I know that the true cause is at Microsoft which makes invalid assumptions about the type of message expected, but Microsoft apparently is not going to fix this reported bug in WSE3.

Has anybody updates on this?

Thanks,
-Rainer

Re: Status of enableMTOM="optional" and Axis Faults / JIRA AXIS2-3340

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rainer,
As I replied to Mark, "may be you can start a thread in the dev list
proposing to make Axis2 wrap the error messages with MIME when MTOM is
enabled. Let's see the reaction of the community"..

Personally I'm not a big fan of been bug compatible. But let's see the
community reaction.. We have to think of interoperability with other web
service stacks too...

thanks,
Thilina

--