Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by bhiyavudh <bh...@hotmail.com> on 2003/08/03 23:02:34 UTC

Peer Class executeQuery Method

Hi,

   Thank you for pointing this out. The reason that I want to execute query directly is that the similar Web project I work with previously use Oracle BC4J (not free) and I am able to submit statement like "select * from some_table for update no wait" (OK this is Oracle specific). I use this query to lock the parent record before going down to edit any childs record, so other user in the mean time can not come to edit or delete this particular parent record. Look at Torque API DOC briefly found only table level locking not record level locking. This is the reason why I would like to submit query directly in such case. If anyone has better suggestion, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regrads,