Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Aroop Ganguly <ar...@icloud.com> on 2018/10/31 06:37:31 UTC

streaming expressions substring-evaluator

Hey Team

Is there a way to extract a part of a string field and group by on it and obtain a histogram ?

for example the filed value is DateTime of the form: 20180911T00 and
I want to do a substring like substring(field1,0,7), and then do a streaming expression of the form :

rollup(
    select(
     search(col1,fl=“field1”,sort=“field1 asc”), substring(field1,0,7) as date)
   ,on= date, count(*)
)

Is there a substring operator available or an alternate in streaming expressions?

Thanks
Aroop

Re: streaming expressions substring-evaluator

Posted by Aroop Ganguly <ar...@icloud.com>.
Thanks for the note Joel.

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gus Heck <gu...@gmail.com>.

--
http://www.the111shift.com

Re: streaming expressions substring-evaluator

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.