Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lee Meador <le...@leemeador.com> on 2006/05/25 20:35:32 UTC

site ${modules}

With the new site plugin version the ${modules} tag in site.xml now puts in
links to the subprojects.

For me, however, the links on the entries in the Modules section most pages
(eg. Dependencies) all point to the base of the parent/root project instead
of pointing to the child project. Two of the children are really messed up
and end up with links to http://ChildProject/index.html (assuming
"ChildProject" is the name of that child project. And, on the html page at
the base of parent project (the About page) there are no links at all in the
Modules section except on the two children whose links are really messed up.

In the child project the ${parentProject} tag now points to
http://maven.apache.org/index.html

In more detail, I have projects like this:

root (which isn't a project)
   parent
   child1
   child2
   child3
   child4
   ... etc ...
   child13

Each folder (except the root) has a pom.xml. The parent pom is of type pom
others has a <parent> tag referencing the parent.

I generate the site with mvn site or mvn site site:deploy.

In the "Introduction" or "About" page of the generated site for "parent" the
Modules section shows all the children. Child11 and Child12 have the funky
link like

to "http://Child11/index.html" and "http://Child12/index.html" while the
other children just have a <strong> tag.

On, for example, the Dependencies page of the generated site the html in the
Modules section is the same for Child11 and 12 (the same as the About page)
but for the other children it just says <a href="index"> which makes it
point back to the parent's About page.

My real question is whether there are tags that change the way the Modules
links are created. I don't know what to look at in the various poms to
figure out what's wrong.

-- Lee Meador
Sent from gmail. My real email address is lee@leemeador.com