Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Warren Pattison <wa...@usahq.unitedspacealliance.com> on 1997/09/18 20:50:01 UTC

general/1147: Javascript Interpretation Error

>Number:         1147
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Javascript Interpretation Error
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When the following:
-------------------------------
<script language="JavaScript">
<!--hide script from old browsers
document.write("<center>This document was last modified on: " + document.lastModified + "</center>");
// end hiding -->
</script>
-------------------------------
is coded into HEADER.html, the output is as follows:
-------------------------------
This document was last modified on: Wed Dec 31 18:00:00 1969
-------------------------------
I believe this to be because of the dynamic adding of the directory listing.
Shouldn't the time resolve to the last time HEADER.html was modified - if not,
then to the current time that document was called?

I realize the wrong time is GMT+6hours, which is our time zone.  This tells me
that the javascript is either NULLing out or getting zero returned.

When HEADER.html is renamed to index.html, the output is correct.  I am using
two versions of Netscape, both have the same results.
>How-To-Repeat:
Generate two identical html files, each containing the javascript code.  Name
one file index.html, and the other file HEADER.html.  View the files through the
browser.
>Fix:
No.  My guess is that time_t (setting UNIX seconds) is erroring out