Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by simon <si...@chello.at> on 2007/12/19 20:42:39 UTC

Re: IllegalStateException caused by ExtensionsFilter during stresstests

On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 07:21 -0700, Michael Heinen wrote:
> Hi,
>

> during my JMeter test I get sometimes(!) following exception:
>

>  [    8061] [2007-12-19 14:36:30,556] http-8080-Processor24 [ERROR]
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher invoke:
> Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: ExtensionsFilter not correctly
> configured. Resource mapping missing. Resources cant be delivered.
> Please see: http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/extensionsFilter.html
>
>                 at
> org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.AddResourceFactory.throwExtensionsFilterMissing(AddResourceFactory.java:358)

Yes, this has been reported by someone before.

I had a look after the first report, and if I remember correctly I found
one place where a Map is *read* by multiple threads concurrently. While
technically wrong I was surprised that this would be an issue in
practice. But now two people have this problem I guess it is worth
trying to change that and see what happens.

There is a workaround: disable the checking for ExtensionFilter being
defined; this check is just a safety-net to make sure that people who
fail to configure their ExtensionsFilter correctly get a helpful error
message.

I've created issue TOMAHAWK-1170 for it.

Thanks for the report.

Regards,

Simon

Re: IllegalStateException caused by ExtensionsFilter during stresstests

Posted by Bjørn T Johansen <bt...@havleik.no>.
I tried setting

<param-name>org.apache.myfaces.CHECK_EXTENSIONS_FILTER</param-name>
<param-value>false</param-value>

But I am still getting those exceptions... What am I missing?

BTJ