Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Webadmin <we...@salam2u.com> on 2003/02/24 15:29:41 UTC

[users@httpd] Help needed

Hello All;
I'm writing this email after getting sick of the DDOS attack that I'm getting
on our Apache server, I'm thinking of an apache setup that can do the
following, when a certain client requests X ip and the X ip is on the attack
status it should redirect it to Y server which would be running apache but
there is no data is of server X stored into Y, the Y apache server would just
be used as "webrouter" as I should say :-) it only take the request and
forwards it to the other X server where all the data and scripts is stored
there.
I kept on looking for such thing but I don't know what is this process called,
and I've found a solution describing about the NFS mount points. I wonder
will do any good

--

Best Regards
WebAdmin, Salam2U.com

         \\\ ||| ///
       (  @ @  )

         _\=/_
          (o o)
--oOOo-(_)-oOOo------

Revolution does not require corporate support

That, as we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be
glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and this we
should do freely and generously.
    -- Benjamin Franklin