Posted to dev@olingo.apache.org by Manuel Blechschmidt <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/19 09:52:24 UTC

Olingo should support custom types e.g. Geometry by using XmlAdapter from JaxB

Hi guys,
I am using olingo and it is awesome. Thanks a lot for producing such a cool
software library.

Unfortunately as far as I knew olingo did not support Geometry types yet.
Because I needed them I implemented the possibility to use the
@XmlTypeAdapter annotations for JPA beans.

You can find my pull request including test cases here:

https://github.com/apache/olingo-odata2/pull/4

Further I created a JIRA issue explaining my probem:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLINGO-605

It would be great if this could be added to olingo V2 2.0.4 because
currently I am keeping a copy of the modified files in my main project and
I would like to delete these files and directly use olingo.

/Manuel