Posted to user@struts.apache.org by netsql <ne...@pointcast.com> on 2006/01/16 15:29:02 UTC

ot: more on wicket

http://www.javalobby.org/java/forums/t60786.html

.V

Re: more on wicket

Posted by Nick Heudecker <nh...@gmail.com>.
The rawInput variable is set in the FormComponent when the validation
starts.  If validation succeeds, rawInput is set to an internal constant and
processing continues.  If validation fails, the rawInput for each
FormComponent is still available and is rendered on the input page.

As far as adding an IntegerValidator to a TextField, it's pretty simple:

TextField age = new TextField("age");
age.add(IntegerValidator.range(0, 130));
add(age);

The last call adds the TextField to the Form object.

Nick, Wicket does look interesting, but I'm curious, how does Wicket

Re: more on wicket

Posted by Rick Reumann <ri...@gmail.com>.

--
Rick

Re: more on wicket

Posted by Nick Heudecker <nh...@gmail.com>.
> ...which are currently configured by what, XML? Doesn't this remove
> some of the zero-conf advantages? And, there's going to have to be a
> way to configure it in 1.2 somehow also. I guess "almost zero
> configuration" isn't as catchy? :-)

There is configuration, but it's minor and contained in the Application
class.  Still no XML.  If you really want to use XML to configure the
Application, the recent Spring integration allows you to do that.

Regarding the problem domain issue of Wicket, I've done a lot with it so far
and haven't had any problems solving real issues with it, with much less
hair-pulling than Struts.  I've built a number of Struts applications and

Re: more on wicket

Posted by Ed Griebel <ed...@gmail.com>.
On 1/16/06, Nick Heudecker <nh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can create aliases in the current version to provide shorthand names for
> pages.  Wicket 1.2 will allow you to mount pages at specified URLs, which
> should get around this problem.

...which are currently configured by what, XML? Doesn't this remove
some of the zero-conf advantages? And, there's going to have to be a
way to configure it in 1.2 somehow also. I guess "almost zero
configuration" isn't as catchy? :-)

All this Wicket/RoR/zero-conf stuff (and SilverStream too, if anyone
remembers that) reminds me of Visual Basic  back in the day: it's a
very productive framework if your problem is within the class of
problems that were envisioned, but once you need to step outside that
box, you're screwed as you are spending more time fighting with the
framework than problem domain coding.

-ed

> On 1/16/06, David G. Friedman <hu...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> >
> > More wicket articles?  I'm getting a message here: I bet you wish Struts
> > Action 2.0 was really Struts "Wicket" 2.0. LOL.
> > Personally, I had trouble with how it implements zero configuration files
> > and how the URLs look freaky in the current
> > version.
> >
> > Regards,
> > David Friedman / humble@ix.netcom.com

    "The greatest tyrannies are always perpetrated in the name of the
noblest causes." Thomas Paine
temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Benjamin
Franklin

Re: more on wicket

Posted by Nick Heudecker <nh...@gmail.com>.

RE: more on wicket