Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Felipe Rodrigues <fe...@yahoo.com.br> on 2007/05/03 14:09:42 UTC

TabbedPannel: So many problems.

Hi Guys,

I'm really trying to use TabbedPannel, but it seems to have lots of problems
when you try to use in a real world WebApp.

For example, I have a TabbedPannel with 6 tabs. Each one is a remote one.
The problem here is, when the user change the tab, I need to update a
session attribute. But TabbedPannel don't have the events support (yet,
because there is an open issue for that), so I changed to refreshOnShow and
executeScripts = true.
Then I got new problems. The default tab is the first one, but struts render
all of them and obviously, execute all its scripts, including the one wich
changes the session attribute. The result is a mess, because the rendering
depends on this attribute value, wich is there only to provide a way to app
recognize what tab is selected.

Another problem is that the first tab is executed once, when everyone is
being redered, and execute again to show its content, since is the one which
will be shown to user. This approach generate lots of Widget ID colision in
the debug output.

Sometimes I wonder if these things happens only in my case, because I can't
find others threads about that in the mail-list.
I'm waitting some answers to make a decision about keep tabbedPannel or
exclude this forever (at least until this stuff be fixed).

Thanks in advance guys,

Felipe

Re: TabbedPannel: So many problems.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
Sure, the wiki is open for contributions.

musachy

Posted by Felipe Rodrigues <fe...@yahoo.com.br>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.