Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Hulse <mh...@rmcisdc3.rmc.com> on 2002/03/08 19:03:23 UTC

Question about the io taglib

Hi,

I'm new to using Jakarta Taglibs and I have been having a
problem using the io tagilb.  The intranet server that I have
Apache and Tomcat running on is behind a proxy server.
My browser works find going to distant URL's because
the proxy is set.

When I try to run the sample from the IO Taglib example
page "load the Jakarta Home Page via HTTP " just tiimes out.
The example for ftp works fine "load a file via FTP"
Is there something in the IO Taglib that I can set to tell it to use proxy?
I have tried to set it in Apache but get the same results.

Any suggestions or am I just out of luck on this one?

Mike Hulse
Systems Programmer
Reynolds Metals

Re: Question about the io taglib

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi Mike

Unfortunately there's no ability to set a proxy server right now. The IO
Taglib just uses the URL class right now, so if someone can figure out how
to specify a proxy server when using the URL class it should be pretty easy
to patch the IO taglib. Otherwise it might be worth porting it to use the
commons-httpclient library instead.

James

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>