Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Gerard Mason <ge...@hotmail.com> on 2003/12/08 03:07:10 UTC

PortletURL.setParameter

I've got the latest version of the portlet spec available from sun,
20030709, and it specifies (in both the pdf and the javadoc) that PortletURL
has an *addParameter* method. However, if I put the code:

url.addParameter( "startRow", i.toString() );

into my jsp, tomcat barfs when it tries to compile it, saying that
addParameter is unknown. Looking at the source,
jakarta-pluto/src/api/javax/portlet/PortletURL defines a no addParameter
method, but does define a "setParameter" method with somewhat different doc
comments, indicating it's not just a name change bug.

Can someone tell me what's going on? Have I got the latest spec? Is
setParameter going to disappear in favour of addParameter?

Cheers,
Gerard.

Re: PortletURL.setParameter

Posted by Stefan Hepper <st...@hursley.ibm.com>.
That's not the latest version of the spec and API. in the latest it is
only setParameter.
you can find the final release under
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr168/index.html

Stefan