Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Carsten Burghardt <ca...@cburghardt.com> on 2005/08/09 07:49:01 UTC

dataList and commandNavigation

Hi all,

I want to build a dynamic navigation with the panelNavigation. Although it
works basically I have 2 problems: each of the dynamic entries is separated
by a separator and the navigation does not seem to remember on which item the
user clicked. That is, the entry does not get highlighted when the action
target is called.
My navigation looks like this:

<x:panelNavigation id="nav"
              styleClass="navigation"
              separatorClass="navseparator"
              itemClass="navitem"
              activeItemClass="navitem_active"
              openItemClass="navitem_open">
    <x:commandNavigation id="nav_1" value="#{messages['nav.home']}"
action="go_home"/>
    <x:dataList var="plugin" value="#{navigationBean.plugins}">
      <x:commandNavigation action="#{searchBean.searchAction}">
        <h:outputText value="#{plugin}"/>
        <f:param name="pluginId" value="#{plugin}"/>
      </x:commandNavigation>
    </x:dataList>
</x:panelNavigation>

Any idea what's wrong with that or is there a different way to build this?

Carsten