Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by "Leidle, Rob" <le...@amazon.com> on 2014/12/07 18:03:22 UTC

Bring Presto into Bigtop

Hello all, I wanted to start a discussion about a new Bigtop component. I would like to bring Presto into Bigtop as I want to make sure it is certified to work with my given version of Hadoop and other components it interacts with, such as the Hive Metastore. I have never brought a component into Bigtop so this would be a good learning experience as well. I am not sure what specific difficulties Presto gives us, and if there is a reason why we should not do this then lets discuss those points as well.

I have created a JIRA here, it would probably need to be pushed out to a yet unreleased version of Bigtop: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-1561

Any thoughts?