Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Jason Warner <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/01 17:08:18 UTC

Re: Setup development environment

Hello Jhonny,

I think what you're looking for is the Geronimo Eclipse Plug-in.  It's built
on top of WTP and a couple other prerequisites that you can obtain from
www.eclipse.org.  The Geronimo Eclipse Plug-in lets you register an instance
of a geronimo server and start it through eclipse.  Once started, you can
deploy and debug apps on geronimo using eclipse.  You can find information
on how to obtain the plug-in from the following web page:

http://geronimo.apache.org/development-tools.html

Please feel free to contact the user list with any further questions you
might have.

Cheers,

Jason Warner

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
I'm getting the same error on Mac OS X.  Let's see if Tim McConnel
has some insight.

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.
See "Window -> Web Browser". If you are using Web Services Explorer (Run ->
Launch the Web Services Explorer) then I guess you need to use Eclipse's
Internal Web Browser.

- Shiva

Posted by Jhonny D Cano <jh...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.
Jhonny,
You have mentioned you are using "Eclipse WTP R-1.5.5-200708291442-win32".
This could be the cause for the problems you are facing. Geronimo Eclipse

Posted by Jhonny D Cano <jh...@yahoo.com>.
Tomcat 6 as included in Geronimo

Posted by Jason Warner <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jhonny D Cano <jh...@yahoo.com>.
Hello. I'm using the follow
[...]

	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditor(EditorManager.java:682)
	at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2593)
	at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2528)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$10(WorkbenchPage.java:2520)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$9.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2505)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:67)
	at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2500)
	at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2477)
	at
org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.internal.ServerUIPlugin.editServer(ServerUIPlugin.java:418)
	at
org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.internal.ServerUIPlugin.editServer(ServerUIPlugin.java:401)
[...]
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Sep 3, 2007, at 4:42 PM, Jhonny D Cano wrote:

> Hello Jason,
>
> I'm trying to register the Geronimo server from Eclipse, but the
> IDE only
> can see Server Geronimo 1.1, I have Geronimo 2.0.1, recently released.
> When I run the script
> X:\>Geronimo Run
> for start the server, it works good, but starting the server
> registered from
> Eclipse (with 1.1 runtime binaries) gives the message "Server Apache
> Geronimo v1.1 failed to start".
>
> There is a plan for releasing the plugin for Geronimo v2.0.1???
> thanks a
> lot. !!

Hi Jhonny,

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.
Jason & Jhonny,
Yes, there is a vote in progress for releasing Geronimo Eclipse Plug-in v2.0.

Please see http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@geronimo.apache.org/msg50728.html

- Shiva

Posted by Jason Warner <ja...@gmail.com>.
Jhonny,