Posted to user@aries.apache.org by Martin Sumner <ma...@me.com> on 2014/06/25 15:47:19 UTC

how to obtain reference to configAdmin from namespacehandler

Hi

I am currently trying to resolve an issue for the customer which is a work around for an issue in Blueprint and
am chancing my arm that someone here might possibly be able to help.

The issue is regarding the use on filter="(some.value=myorg)" on service references to exported blueprint services from other bundles. The customer along with many others it
seems want to be able to make this dynamic - so filter="${read.from.pid}".

I am following a recorded workaround to this which involves extending blueprint using a custom module + namespace, then registering a customnamespacehandler handler to handle this namespace.

At runtime the decorate method is being called, where I now have access to the filter and can change the filter value. (currently from an ugly hack which involves injecting the ${read.from.pid}) into the customnamespacehandler bean. So far so good....

I want to replace the hack mentioned above by getting a reference to the ConfigAdmin service from within the customnamespacehandler, from where I am hoping that I will be able to retrieve the pid's value. In so doing will remove the need for the customnamespacehandler to need to have the values for all the filter values to be injected.

- and this is where I have managed to get very very stuck.

If you are able and willing to offer any advice on how I can achieve this it would be greatly appreciated.

kind regards

Martin