Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Svetlin Zarev <sv...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/25 09:58:11 UTC

JavaEE Spec confusion

Hello,

I've stumbled upon a contradiction in the JEE spec:

1. The UserTransaction javadoc [1] states that if the thread is already
associated with a transaction and the Transaction Manager implementation
does not support nested transactions, a NotSupportedException will be
thrown.

2. On the other hand, the javadoc of the Transactional annotation [2]
states that if an attempt is made to call any method of the UserTransaction
interface from within the scope of a bean or method annotated with
@Transactional and a Transactional.TxType other than NOT_SUPPORTED or
NEVER, an IllegalStateException must be thrown

So if I have @Transactional(TxType.REQUIRED) then what
userTransaction.begin() should throw - IllegalStateException or
NotSupportedException ?

Where is the proper place to ask for clarification ? Is the jira @ java.net
the proper place for such question ?

[1]
http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/7/api/javax/transaction/UserTransaction.html#begin--
[2] http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/7/api/javax/transaction/Transactional.html

Best regards,
Svetlin

Re: JavaEE Spec confusion

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
The JIRA @java.net is definitely a good way to ask and track the comments.
And possibly fix the javadoc if it's not clear or wrong.

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro