Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Veeral Shah <ve...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/04 12:05:10 UTC

Newbie issue: asterixdb fails to start

A newbie issue. Deployed the github master branch.
After a successful build, I configured asterixdb to run single instance
(using managix)  - as documented on
https://asterixdb.ics.uci.edu/documentation/install.html#Section1SingleMachineAsterixDBInstallation

But cluster controller fails to start. the logs dont reveal anything abt
the error though. Appears to be some obvious mistake but in the absence of
the error messages, finding it tough to triage. I see  3 log files (i dont
understand why it starts 2 NCs and a CC when i am running a single instance
asterixdb).

root@ubuntu205:/home/veerals/work/installer# managix configure
root@ubuntu205:/home/veerals/work/installer# managix validate
INFO: Environment [OK]
INFO: Managix Configuration [OK]

root@ubuntu205:/home/veerals/work/installer# $MANAGIX_HOME/bin/managix
create -n try1 -c /home/veerals/work/installer/clusters/local/local.xml
INFO: Name:try1
Created:Fri Mar 04 15:22:22 IST 2016
Web-Url:http://127.0.0.1:19001
State:UNUSABLE

WARNING!:Cluster Controller not running at master

root@ubuntu205:/home/veerals/work/installer# managix describe -n try1 -admin
INFO: Name:try1
Created:Fri Mar 04 15:22:22 IST 2016
Web-Url:http://127.0.0.1:19001
State:UNUSABLE

WARNING!:Cluster Controller not running at master

Master node:master:127.0.0.1
nc1:127.0.0.1
nc2:127.0.0.1

Asterix version:0.8.8-SNAPSHOT
Metadata Node:nc1
Processes
NC at nc1 [ 16781 ]
NC at nc2 [ 16777 ]

Asterix Configuration
nc.java.opts                             :-Xmx3096m
cc.java.opts                             :-Xmx1024m
max.wait.active.cluster                  :60
storage.buffercache.pagesize             :131072
storage.buffercache.size                 :536870912
storage.buffercache.maxopenfiles         :214748364
storage.memorycomponent.pagesize         :131072
storage.memorycomponent.numpages         :256
storage.metadata.memorycomponent.numpages:64
storage.memorycomponent.numcomponents    :2
storage.memorycomponent.globalbudget     :1073741824
storage.lsm.bloomfilter.falsepositiverate:0.01
txn.log.buffer.numpages                  :8
txn.log.buffer.pagesize                  :524288
txn.log.partitionsize                    :2147483648
txn.log.checkpoint.lsnthreshold          :67108864
txn.log.checkpoint.pollfrequency         :120
txn.log.checkpoint.history               :0
txn.lock.escalationthreshold             :1000
txn.lock.shrinktimer                     :5000
txn.lock.timeout.waitthreshold           :60000
txn.lock.timeout.sweepthreshold          :10000
compiler.sortmemory                      :33554432
compiler.joinmemory                      :33554432
compiler.framesize                       :131072
compiler.pregelix.home                   :~/pregelix
web.port                                 :19001
api.port                                 :19002
log.level                                :INFO
plot.activate                            :false

The log files dont reveal much:

Thanks and regards
Veeral Shah

Re: Newbie issue: asterixdb fails to start

Posted by Veeral Shah <ve...@gmail.com>.
Thanks all. It was indeed the case of false alarm. The server was up and
running although the Astrix instance state shows up as UNUSABLE.

Thanks and regards
Veeral Shah

Posted by Mike Carey <dt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raman Grover <ra...@gmail.com>.

--
Raman

Re: Newbie issue: asterixdb fails to start

Posted by Yingyi Bu <bu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ian Maxon <im...@uci.edu>.

Posted by Wail Alkowaileet <wa...@gmail.com>.
The message can misleading.