Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/06 06:20:38 UTC

Questions for JIRA Items for release

*  (ESME-71): View my pools" functionality

@Vassil: is this finished? If I remember correctly, you were working on it.
In case Vassil hasn't finished this issue, I'd like to move it to the
next release.

* ESME-111: OpenID login/signon is broken

@Ethan isn't this fixed?

* ESME-100:  Finish web UI
Unless Anne finishes this soon (coming week), I'd like to move it to
the next release.

D.

Re: Questions for JIRA Items for release

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org> wrote:
>> But if you look at the JIRA item it describes something else.  A view
>> on all the pools in which I'm a member plus the respective rights.
>> This should probably be present on the pool page rather than visible
>> via the selectbox
>
> Right, but displaying a list of lists (representing users in pools) is
> harder to do in a visually compact way, so I've settled for this.
> Before, there wasn't a direct way to see a list of pools you can view,
> and what I've done addresses this need. It seems the point of the JIRA
> issue is to resolve the same requirement, but I agree that if it
> describes a different way to do it, maybe the issue shouldn't be
> closed, but postponed.

Sounds good. Let's postpone it until the next release.

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.
OMG awesome! Thank you, Vassil.

So we are good to go and Dick isn't even around ;-)
@Dick: When are you back? Don't want you to miss our first release.

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.
> Excellent! One last thing, in that case, is that we need to disable
> the automatic OpenID signup, and just make people configure their
> OpenID after the fact.  Things are a little crazy at work at the
> moment. If no one else gets to it, I'll see what I can do. (And the
> fix for this really is, I think, to revert the original patch to
> ESME-111.)

I've seen the patch but was wondering whether this behavior is
intended and should stay this way. Probably not, because currently the
username cannot edit the nickname.

Of course, we also need to test and look for corner cases- not only
OpenID, but all functionality. There's still some work to do, but yes,
 we're almost there :)

Re: Questions for JIRA Items for release

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
@sig: thanks - that would be great.

We just have the one Jira item still open and then we will have a code
freeze while we prepare the release. We will probably use a SVN tag
and that point.

D.

Posted by Sig Rinde <si...@rinde.com>.

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.
I am reading those pages too these days, realising it isn't the same to release software at ASF as publishing a new website or transporting a new SAP application to a production server LOL.

/Anne

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
@Ethan: once you make this change, I'd like to set the SVN tag for the
release. The tag should be:
        esme-1.0-incubating

I don't have access to environment where I perform any tests. I'd
suggest seeing the API-level tests work without errors is enough. What
are we going to do about the UI?. Anybody want to do a quick test of
the basic functionality. I'd love to do a deployment on the Stax
environment but that is tough at the moment.

D.

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.