Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by fpapon <fp...@apache.org> on 2022/09/28 08:38:38 UTC

Commercial support

Hi,

I'm looking for a commercial support company page on the official
website (https://kafka.apache.org) but I cannot find one.

Is such of page exist?

Regards,

Francois

Re: Commercial support

Posted by Francois Papon <fp...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I worked on the website to add a commercial support page as discussed and here a starting PR:

https://github.com/apache/kafka-site/pull/577

For now I just add one company but everybody can add some by providing a PR. If people want me to add other you can reply to this thread because as mention in the comments of the PR, it's weird to have just one company at the start.

Just provide the company-name and a short description of the service offer around Apache Kafka. The information must be factual and informational in nature and not be a marketing statement.

The purpose is to help users to find support for production (sla), training, consulting...whatever that is not provide by the community as, like any ASF projects, no commercial support is provided by the foundation.

regards,

François

Re: Commercial support

Posted by fpapon <fp...@apache.org>.
Yes, exactly.

I can prepare a PR to add this page.

Regards,

Francois

On 28/09/2022 12:02, Bruno Cadonna wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ah, I see you were not looking for actual commercial support but
> rather for the page itself.
>
> Best,
> Bruno

>> Hi,
>>
>> +1, yes it makes sense to me.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 11:26 AM fpapon <fp...@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Bruno,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your reply, I'm looking for a commercial support about
>>> services consulting like we can have in others Apache project like:
>>>
>>> https://camel.apache.org/manual/commercial-camel-offerings.html
>>>
>>> https://activemq.apache.org/support
>>>
>>> I think it could be nice to add this on the Kafka website.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Francois

>>> --
>>> --
>>> François

François

Re: Commercial support

Posted by Bruno Cadonna <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: Commercial support

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Re: Commercial support

Posted by fpapon <fp...@apache.org>.
Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your reply, I'm looking for a commercial support about
services consulting like we can have in others Apache project like:

https://camel.apache.org/manual/commercial-camel-offerings.html

https://activemq.apache.org/support

I think it could be nice to add this on the Kafka website.

Regards,

Francois

On 28/09/2022 11:05, Bruno Cadonna wrote:
> Hi Francois,
>
> I am not aware of such a page on the Apache Kafka website.
>
> There are a variety of companies that sell Kafka as a self-hosted
> platform or as a Cloud-hosted service.
>
> Those companies include Confluent (disclaimer: I work for them), Red
> Hat, AWS, Aiven, Instaclustr, Cloudera, and more.
>

> Best,
> Bruno
>
> On 28.09.22 10:38, fpapon wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking for a commercial support company page on the official
>> website (https://kafka.apache.org) but I cannot find one.
>>
>> Is such of page exist?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Francois