Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Sharadh Krishnamurthy <sh...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/03 22:57:21 UTC

Adding more documentation

Hi,

I'm trying to understand airflow internals as part of figuring out things
that are easy, and others that are difficult. Think of it as me reading
thro' these two links:

   - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Common+Pitfalls
   - https://gtoonstra.github.io/etl-with-airflow/gotchas.html

...and understanding *why* those gotchas exist.

As part of this, I realize I am documenting my understanding of the high
level "boxes" in the system (e.g `scheduler`), entities (e.g `DagRun`,
`DagBag`), etc. I am wondering if the committers see value in formally
adding this back as documentation. If yes, are there any guidelines /
prior-art for how to do so?

   - Only other prior art of the nature I'm thinking of is
   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Scheduler+Basics
   - In my company we're partial to PlantUML (
   http://plantuml.com/sequence-diagram) and markdown/rtf. However,
   Confluence is does come with plugins for these so that's a possible
   alternative.

Excited to hopefully give back to the community.

Best,
Sharadh

Re: Adding more documentation

Posted by Sharadh Krishnamurthy <sh...@gmail.com>.
Very cool, thank you for pointing me to the right place.

Posted by Matt Davis <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sharadh,