Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Alex Orlov <oo...@mail.ru.INVALID> on 2021/03/11 09:34:58 UTC

NB 12.3 C/C++ support

Hi all,

I got a message today, saying, that NB 12.3 was released. They say:
«The Apache NetBeans team is pleased to announce that Apache NetBeans 12.3
was released on March 3rd 2021*. Apache NetBeans is a full IDE for Java
SE, Java EE, PHP, JavaScript, HTML5 and more, including some support for
Groovy and C/C++.»

Could anyone explain, why NB is a `full IDE for Java, PHP, JS etc` but only
`so me support for C/C++`. I always thought that NB provides a full support
for C/C++, doesn’t it?

--
Best regards, Alex Orlov

Re: NB 12.3 C/C++ support

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Even that is not so clear. A full analysis needs to be done of the current
state and what the next steps are.

It is for this reason also that we have C++ Lite support, i.e., there’s a
wizard for importing your C++ environment, which will give you editor,
deployment, and debug support. Right now, that’s all in the standard Apache
NetBeans, I’m preparing some scenarios and YouTube clips to explain how
that works soon.

Gj

Re: NB 12.3 C/C++ support

Posted by Vano Beridze <va...@gmail.com>.