Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by dfobox <df...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/29 20:12:14 UTC

Migrating website from own server to hosting company

I got mochahost Tomcat plan and moving website to remote server. My server
ran Tomcat 4.0.4-50 and now website has to work under 5.5.26.
What should be done to make this process smooth?
Thanks!

Re: Migrating website from own server to hosting company

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.
dfobox wrote:
> ok, those errors are gone, seems like I just needed to restart my mac :)
> I have another error, but if I try to change JSP file source, nothing
> happens. Seems like java files need to be regenerated. Support says I need
> to restart Tomcat - even this doesn't help.

try compiling your app before deploying it.

 http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jasper-howto.html

Re: Migrating website from own server to hosting company

Posted by dfobox <df...@gmail.com>.
Error comes out only on first click, if you go back and click it again page
loads normally.
any clues?

Re: Migrating website from own server to hosting company

Posted by dfobox <df...@gmail.com>.
This is weird. I have copied website but it works randomly - I click on a
link to one of jsp pages and sometimes it shows what it's supposed to show,
but every other time it comes up with error - the same for any page.

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:
JSP FileName:null
Java
FileName:/usr/local/jakarta/apache-tomcat-5.5.25/work/Catalina/jerhel.com/_//org/apache/jsp/product_005flines_005fhome_jsp.java

An error occurred at line: 125 in the generated java file
Syntax error on token "static", @ expected after this token
JSP FileName:null
Java
FileName:/usr/local/jakarta/apache-tomcat-5.5.25/work/Catalina/jerhel.com/_//org/apache/jsp/product_005flines_005fhome_jsp.java

An error occurred at line: 125 in the generated java file
Syntax error, insert "enum Identifier" to complete EnumHeader
JSP FileName:null
Java
FileName:/usr/local/jakarta/apache-tomcat-5.5.25/work/Catalina/jerhel.com/_//org/apache/jsp/product_005flines_005fhome_jsp.java

An error occurred at line: 131 in the generated java file
Syntax error on token "}", ; expected

Stacktrace:

org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:98)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:330)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:435)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:298)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:277)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:265)

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:564)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:302)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:329)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/5.5.25 logs.

Re: Migrating website from own server to hosting company

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.