Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by bala vivek <ba...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/29 15:43:05 UTC

PIO train issue

Hi PIO users,

I'm using the PIO 0.10 version for a long time. I recently moved the
working setup of PIO to CentOS from Ubuntu and it seems to work fine when I
checked the PIO status, It shows all the services are up and working.
But while doing a PIO train I could see "Data set is empty" error, I have
cross checked and saw the hbase table manually by scanning the tables and
the records are present inside the event table. To cross verify I tried to
do a Curl with the help of access key for a particular app and the response
to it is "http200.ok"  so it's confirmed the app id or a particular app has
the data.
But if I run the command pio train manually it's not training and the
model. The engine file has no issues as the appname also given correctly.
It always shows "Data set is empty". This same setup is working fine with
Ubuntu 14 version. I havent made any config changes to make it run in
centos.

Let me know what will be the reason for this issue as the data is present
in Hbase but the PIO engine fails to detect it.

Thanks
Bala

Re: PIO train issue

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.
Assuming your are using the UR…

I don’t know how many times this has been caused by a misspelling of
eventNames in engine.json but assume you have checked that.

The fail-safe way to check is to `pio export` your data and check it
against your engine.json.

BTW `pio status` does not even try to check all services. Run `pio app
list` to see if the right appnames (dataset names) are in the EventServer,
which will check hbase, hdfs, and elasticsearch. Then check to see you have
Spark. Elasticsearch and HDFS running—if you have set them to run in remote
standalone mode.

From: bala vivek <ba...@gmail.com> <ba...@gmail.com>
Date: August 29, 2018 at 8:43:05 AM
To: actionml-user <ac...@googlegroups.com>