Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Kiran Lagisetty <ki...@isyndicate.com> on 2001/02/24 01:56:41 UTC

log4j modifications

Hi,
 I am playing around log4j from past two weeks, I liked it a lot, I am going
to use it for centralized logging in my next distributed application, I have
following questions.

1) Related to JMS Apppender, I extended the JMSAppender in order to able to
get Initial context based on the providerurl than generic one, but I have
problem can you make variables protected than default.

2) I also have similar problem with PropertyConfigurator, because my idea
was to have ConfigFile located at centralized location, you have provided
method which takes variable URL, but it dose not have method like
ConfigureAndWatch(URL url, long delay), I did extending your class but the
same problem with the variables being default instead of protected.

3) I also added one more JMSAppender for Queue Messaging concepts.

      Some other doubts related to employing log4j in EJB's because EJB
containers restrict spawning threads, can any one explain regarding this
issue.

thanks
~Kiran
Kiran Lagisetty