Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by chintan <ch...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/24 07:13:11 UTC

panelNavigation2 icon and label issue

Hi,

I am using panelNavigation2 tag to display panle navigation menu. This tag
uses NavigationMenuItem class of Tomahawk. My problem is, I am not able to
dispaly icon and label both together eventhough i have used
NavigationMenuItem () constructor with above parameters. At a time i can
displayd either label or icon.

Is this bug in Tomahawk implementation or I am missing something.

Pleae treat it is as an urgent.

Thanks
Chintan

Re: panelNavigation2 icon and label issue

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Chintan,
This may or may not help, you can use <t:commandNavigation2> to display an icon and text.

Below is from a test program I am working on.  Based on you message, it appears you are dynamically
creating the menu items.  So I do not expect this to be an exact fit, but it may provide a clue
to another solution.
       <h:form id="navForm2">
         <t:panelNavigation2 id="pn2_list" layout="list">
           <t:commandNavigation2 id="cn2_p2" action="page_2">
             <h:graphicImage url="/images/icon2.jpg" />
             <h:outputText value="Page 2" />
           </t:commandNavigation2>
         </t:panelNavigation2>
       </h:form>