Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by David Sag <ds...@epo.org> on 2005/10/24 15:55:25 UTC

my plugin is invoked okay directly but not at all as part of site.

Dear People,

My mojo is built and installed.

I have specified the goal and phase thus:
 * @goal merge
 * @phase validate

I have added a reference to the <build> block of a shell project thus:

<plugin>
    <groupId>com.davesag</groupId>
    <artifactId>qalab-plugin</artifactId>
    <executions>
        <execution>
            <id>qalab-blah</id>
            <phase>validate</phase>
            <configuration>
                <quiet>false</quiet>
 <handler>net.objectlab.qalab.parser.CheckstyleStatMerge</handler>

<inputFile>${project.build.directory}/target/checkstyle-result.xml</inputFile>
            </configuration>
             <goals>
                <goal>merge</goal>
             </goals>
         </execution>
     </executions>
</plugin>

when i type

mvn qalab:merge

i get an error telling me it can't read from the checkstyle results file.
this is a reasonable result.

BUT

in the reporting section of the pom.xml I have added

<plugin>
    <groupId>com.davesag</groupId>
    <artifactId>qalab-plugin</artifactId>
</plugin>

and when I type

mvn site

it's as if my plugin just wasn't even there.  It never gets run.

the checkstyle report is run (yet to work out how to get it to export as
an xml file), and the javadocs are generated and so forth, but my qalab
plugin may as well not exist.

if i try deliberately breaking the name then maven complains that there is
no such plugin, so it's sort of working, but it's just not actually doing
anything.

is there a specific phase I need to bind to to get the reporting to work?

how can i be sure that the other reports have already run?

Kind regards,
Dave Sag

Re: my plugin is invoked okay directly but not at all as part of site.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 08:35 +0200, David Sag wrote:

> I took the day off work yesterday as I was sick, and took the time to
> check out all the maven-plugins stuff from SVN.  Reading through the
> code I 'discovered' reference to the AbstractMavenReport - something
> that so far has not made its way into the documentation, and which
> almost certainly explains why my QALabMojo (which only extends
> AbstractMojo) is not working as a report :-)
>
> I'll look further into this today.  Is there any documentation I
> should be reading?  Any more hidden classes I should know about?  Or
> shoudl I just read the entire source code?
>
> I'm still not quite sure how I tell the report which goal to run
> however.

I've noted it for documentation, but as always the best way is to look
at an existing example.

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Re: my plugin is invoked okay directly but not at all as part of site.

Posted by David Sag <ds...@epo.org>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Sag <ds...@epo.org>.
still more on this.