Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by "Larry V. Streepy, Jr." <st...@healthlanguage.com> on 2004/01/05 20:32:13 UTC

issues with 1.0 RC5

I am posting to both the USER and the DEV mailing lists because I have
searched for answers on both archives and the topics are mentioned (but
not resolved) on both lists.

I am using W2K, MySQL 4.0 and OJB 1.0 RC5.  I performed a clean source
install and build using the documented procedures and I've come across
several problems that appear to be errors in the build process.

1. The parameter @DATABASE_DEFAULT@ in two of the xml files
(ojbcore-schema.xml and ojbtest-schema.xml) is never replaced with an
appropriate value during the build process.  These files are not copied
(with filtering) prior to their use within the ANT target (in
build-torque.xml) that processes them.  By manually replacing this
parameter with the name of the database ("ojb" in this case) the unit
tests could proceed.

2. The jdbc URL configured in the mysql profile is incorrect for initial
database creation.  It includes the "ojb" database name in the URL and
causes a failure during the connection when trying to initially create
the database.  It appears that the profile would need to construct a
different URL for creation than for data load.  I was able to work
around this error by creating an empty database named "ojb" but this is
obviously not a good solution for the automated build :-)

3. Once I got past these issues, the junit tests actually ran, but
several tests failed.  If someone is responsible for the mysql testing,
I'd be happy to send you the junit test output file.

I just wanted to get this items summarized on this list prior to the
final 1.0 release.  Please let me know if any additional information is
needed and I'll be happy to follow up.

Thanks.

--
Larry V. Streepy, Jr.
Senior Vice President and CTO

Re: issues with 1.0 RC5

Posted by "Larry V. Streepy, Jr." <st...@healthlanguage.com>.
Thanks Brian - I'll try it as an attachment first and if that fails I'll
paste it inline.

Here's the JUnit output for the failures.

Brian McCallister wrote:

> I think Thomas Mahler was doing the most recent MySQL testing. If you
> can forward the junit failures to this list we can dig into it =)
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> -Brian
>
> On Jan 5, 2004, at 2:32 PM, Larry V. Streepy, Jr. wrote:
>
>> I am posting to both the USER and the DEV mailing lists because I
>> have searched for answers on both archives and the topics are
>> mentioned (but not resolved) on both lists.
>>
>> I am using W2K, MySQL 4.0 and OJB 1.0 RC5. I performed a clean source
>> install and build using the documented procedures and I've come
>> across several problems that appear to be errors in the build process.
>>
>> 1. The parameter @DATABASE_DEFAULT@ in two of the xml files
>> (ojbcore-schema.xml and ojbtest-schema.xml) is never replaced with an
>> appropriate value during the build process. These files are not
>> copied (with filtering) prior to their use within the ANT target (in
>> build-torque.xml) that processes them. By manually replacing this
>> parameter with the name of the database ("ojb" in this case) the unit
>> tests could proceed.
>>
>> 2. The jdbc URL configured in the mysql profile is incorrect for
>> initial database creation. It includes the "ojb" database name in the
>> URL and causes a failure during the connection when trying to
>> initially create the database. It appears that the profile would need
>> to construct a different URL for creation than for data load. I was
>> able to work around this error by creating an empty database named
>> "ojb" but this is obviously not a good solution for the automated
>> build :-)
>>
>> 3. Once I got past these issues, the junit tests actually ran, but
>> several tests failed. If someone is responsible for the mysql
>> testing, I'd be happy to send you the junit test output file.
>>
>> I just wanted to get this items summarized on this list prior to the
>> final 1.0 release. Please let me know if any additional information
>> is needed and I'll be happy to follow up.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Larry V. Streepy, Jr.
>> Senior Vice President and CTO
>> Health Language, Inc.

Larry V. Streepy, Jr.
Senior Vice President and CTO
<http://www.healthlanguage.com/>
"We speak the language of healthcare" ™ 	Direct: +1 425-373-0600
Fax: +1 425-373-1633
Corp.: +1 303-307-4400

Health Language, Inc.
3950 Lewiston Street, Suite 210
Aurora, Colorado 80011
The information in this email message is intended only for the use of
the intended recipient and may contain confidential information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended addressee, please promptly
e-mail or you may call Health Language's corporate offices in Aurora,
Colorado USA at (+1) 303-307-4400.

Re: issues with 1.0 RC5

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.