Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Hilkiah Lavinier <hi...@yahoo.com> on 2008/08/06 22:08:27 UTC

index-more and contentLength field

Hi Guys,

Can anyone explain 'how' the contentLength field is populated?  I've been indexing a few sites and some seem to have this field available while others don't. I really don't understand why.  I've looked through MoreIndexingFilter.java, ParseData.java, HttpHeaders.java and Metadata.java source files as well as the logs of the various crawls (fetch...index) but can't seem to figure out why..

I'm using nutch trunk with index-more and query-more enabled.

Regards,

 Hilkiah G. Lavinier MEng (Hons), ACGI
6 Winston Lane,
Goodwill,