Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by James Agnew <fo...@funkster.com> on 2004/03/12 16:01:08 UTC

Virtual hosts for single application context

Any ideas guys/gals?

I have an application (CFMX) running under Tomcat 5.0.18 as a deployed war
file within the ROOT folder i.e.

$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/

this all works perfectly and correcly parses all .cfm files.

Now, I've created virtual hosts by adding the following in server.xml:

<Host name="website1.com" debug="0" appBase="webapps">
<Context path="" docBase="website1" debug="0" reloadable="true"/>
</Host>

<Host name="website2.com" debug="0" appBase="webapps">
<Context path="" docBase="website2" debug="0" reloadable="true"/>
</Host>

This works, but the application (i.e. CFMX) doesn't parse the .cfm pages
within the website1 and website2 folders.

Is it possible to map multiple virtual hosts to a single application context
 so that the applications handles the page requests?

Thanks, James

rotatable property on log file

Posted by Jason Keltz <ja...@cs.yorku.ca>.
Hi.

I have set the "rotatable" property on the Tomcat "AccessLog" to "false"
because I have my own mechanism for log rotation, and would prefer not to
use tomcats.  This works fine.  However, I see that there is no rotatable
property for FileLogger.  Why would this be?

Thanks,

Jason.