Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Anoop Sam John <an...@huawei.com> on 2012/07/04 09:04:54 UTC

RE: Some suggestions for future features

>We've started to implement a coprocessor to move the Scan and
Delete at RS level but, if the API above can delete also columns and not
entire rows then it will be welcomed :)

@Daniel
You are doing it using Endpoints?

@Dev
Can we provide a built in end point for this kind of bulk delete? We are now giving an Aggregation endpoint.
Handling this kind of scan and delete at server side itself will be giving performance boost.

I have done some basic implementation and tested for the performance advantage of this end point based delete over the normal way of scan to client and then delete.  In the local mini cluster itself it is promising!

Also in this delete we need to use the bulk delete at region level. [See  HBASE-6284]

-Anoop-