Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Tetsuto Teddy Nishiyama <tn...@ari.ncl.omron.co.jp> on 2006/04/17 05:53:11 UTC

can't get post-commit.bat to execute in win32

Hi all,

I have seen very few but similar problems reported here and elsewhere
but I still have not been able to solve the problem...hence this post.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PROBLEM:
 I can't get my post-commit.bat to execute.  It works fine when I
 run it directly from the MS-DOS prompt, but it doesn't run at
 commits.

 I have read a few things about permissions.  Apache is running as
 SYSTEM, and I have checked permissions and SYSTEM has all permissions
 on for the repository as well as the hook script.

 Currently, I have a post-commit.bat in the hooks directory that just
 has one line as I stated below to create and write a message to a file
 but nothing happens so I'm assuming it isn't executing.

ENVIRONMENT:
 Windows XP Professional SP2
 Subversion 1.3.0
 Apache 2.0.55

REPOSITORY INFO
 location C:\svnrepo\test
     i.e. C:\svnrepo\test\hooks

POST-COMMIT
 file  c:\svnrepo\test\hooks\post-commit.bat

  content: (just one line)

	echo running post-commit.bat >> test.txt

   should create a file and add "running post-commit.bat" to it.

Thanks,
Teddy

solved (Re: can't get post-commit.bat to execute in win32)

Posted by Tetsuto Teddy Nishiyama <tn...@ari.ncl.omron.co.jp>.
Oy, sorry for wasting bandwidth.  I found out what happened.

I was under the impression that the hooks directory would
be the "current directory".  It turns out that the Apache
directory was "current" so all my output was getting created
and written into that directory and not the hooks directory.

So, it seems that the post-commit.bat IS getting executed
afterall.  Now for the next step to send myself e-mail.

Teddy

P.S. wouldn't you know it!  I spend several days trying to
figure why it doesn't work.  Finally send for help and then
get the problem figured out a few minutes after I dial 911!

Posted by Maddes <ma...@arcor.de>.
I re-checked, the tab is really called "Security" in an english Windows.
It's also in Windows XP Pro, but not in the Home version (with a trick
it can be enabled in Home too).
Maybe you have to enable it in Pro with a setting I currently can't
remember.
Please search the web for this.

Have you checked that the service was installed correctly?
Best is to have a batch file for this, helps to avoid typos and you can
use it for your next re-installation of Windows.
I also found the two batch files I used for testing with SVN as a
service. They are attached, just remove the underscores from their
extension. Just have a look.

I prefer to run SVN as a daemon and only when I need it, because on my
Windows machine I'm the only person using it.
I could also use file: URLs but I want to have my typical svn username
in the repository's history.

Maddes

Posted by Matthias Buecher / Germany <ma...@arcor.de>.

Posted by AlarmChang <al...@yahoo.com.tw>.